In this How-to tutorial Post I will explain how to install VMware Player on POP!_OS
What is VMware Player?
VMware player is a freeware application used for virtualization that runs virtual machines and appliances on host computers. VMware player is openly available in the market and is not subject to any restrictions or licensing. Anyone can buy a CD of the software or download the free executable file and use it anywhere.
2. After installation, Completed Navigate to your download location. My download, for example, is the default download location in POP!_OS.
3. Open the terminal in your download location. Do this by navigating to your download location and right-clicking in a blank space subsequently followed by clicking on “Open in Terminal”.
4. Once the Terminal is opened. Enter the following command in the terminal to make the file executable: sudo chmod +x VMware-Player-15.5.0-14665864.x86_64.bundle however, this code might differ depending on the version of the downloaded file. Getting around this, on the other hand, is quite simple. Once in the navigated location right click on the downloaded file and click rename. Copy all the text in the text box. Use this text to replace all the text after “+x ” in the code example above.
5. After That, Authenticate this code execution.
6. The terminal should now display the following line as blank again.
7. Enter the following code to execute the installer for VMware player: sudo ./VMware-Player-15.5.0-14665864.x86_64.bundle
8. Search for VMware player in your apps and open after that we can continue installing VMware Player.
9. Accept all subsequent terms and conditions and click next when prompted for a license key please remember to select free license and continue.
10. In Conclusion, VMware is now installed and is ready to be used. Start adding your virtual machines and enjoy it!
If you want to uninstall VMware please execute the following code: sudo vmware-installer -u vmware-player.Thereafter VMware and all of its components will be uninstalled.
Click on the link next to the Download Label as displayed in the image below. The Download will then commence.
3. Navigate to your downloads folder/folder where you downloaded the emby.deb package to. Right click in a open space in the file explorer and click open in Terminal.
4. Once Terminal is open copy the following code and paste it into your open Terminal and Press Enter.: sudo dpkg -i emby-server-deb_184.108.40.206_amd64.deb Please make sure that the version number of the .deb file corresponds to the version number in the code above.
6. Once the package was unpacked and installed as per the image above the installation is done. Now you can navigate to the following URL in your Web Browser http://localhost:8096
7. Once the URL was pasted and the finished loading in the Web Browser a page similar to the following will load.
8. Please select your preferred language from the drop down list for your Emby Server. As per the following, my selected language is English. Once Done Click next.
9. Next you will create a user for your emby server, this will usually be the Main Administrator Account for you emby Server.
10. After the User account information was successfully entered as per your desired details, click next at the bottom of this page.
11. You will now choose the media libraries you wish to add. This is Quite simple as you would only choose your Media Type, such as Music, TV Series, Movies etc. Then you will choose the folder as per the directory where such media type resides.
Thank you for reading this guide. Should you have any Questions please leave a comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.