Installing the Emby Media Server Application on POP!_OS or Ubuntu is not a particularly difficult task. This Guide will help you do this in a flash.
- First of All, Navigate to https://emby.media/linux-server.html to get the required files for installing Emby on your POP!_OS or Ubuntu System
! Clickon the link next to the Download Label as displayed in the image below. The Download will then commence.
3. Navigate to your downloads folder/folder where you downloaded the emby.deb package to. Right click in a open space in the file explorer and click open in Terminal.
4. Once Terminal is open copy the following code and
sudo dpkg -i emby-server-deb_18.104.22.168_amd64.deb Please make sure that the version number of the .deb file corresponds to the version number in the code above.
6. Once the package was unpacked and installed as per the image above the installation is done. Now you can navigate to the following URL in your Web Browser http://localhost:8096
7. Once the URL was pasted and the finished loading in the Web Browser a page similar to the following will load.
8. Please select your preferred language from the
9. Next you will create a user for your emby server, this will usually be the Main Administrator Account for you emby Server.
10. After the User account information was successfully entered as per your desired details, click next at the bottom of this page.
11. You will now choose the media libraries you wish to add. This is Quite simple as you would only choose your Media Type, such as Music, TV Series, Movies etc. Then you will choose the folder as per the directory where such media type resides.
Thank you for reading this guide. Should you have any Questions please leave a comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.